Venus Bulk Fill Application
Self Etch Technique
1. Remove caries, residual amalgam or restorative material from the cavity. Then rinse, clean and dry the cavity but do not desiccate the tooth. Use a dental dam (Ivory Rubber Dam) to isolate the treatment area from contamination. Refer to manufacturer’s directions for placement.
2. Shape the proximal contacts with the aid of a matrix system.
3. An appropriate Self Etch adhesive system (iBOND Self Etch) should be applied to the enamel and dentine.
4. Light cure bonding adhesive 20 seconds.
5. Begin dispensing Venus Bulk Fill directly into the cavity preparation at the deepest point, keeping tip submerged. When applying, ensure that it flows slowly and evenly to prevent the formation of air bubbles. Immerse the tip into the material and fill the cavity from bottom to top.
6. Light cure Venus Bulk Fill for 20 seconds.
7. Complete the restoration with a Universal composite (Venus Diamond) without delay. Since the distance to the occlusal margin of the cavity should be be 2mm – the final top layer of Universal composite would be placed in a 2mm increment.
8. Light cure Universal layer of composite for 20 seconds.
9. A side view of a bulk filled restorations reveals the 4mm depth of Venus Bulk Fill with a 2mm final top layer of Venus Diamond Universal composite.
10. As needed, contour or remove excess material using rotary instrument (Venus Supra pre-polisher).
11. Polish final restoration (Venus Supra high-gloss polisher)